There would be no need for sermons, if our lives were shining; there would be no need for words, if we bore witness with our deeds. There would be no pagans, if we were true Christians.
St. John Chrysostom
The community of St. George began celebrating the Divine Liturgy in 1892, incorporated under St. Raphael of Brooklyn in 1905, and its first altar was consecrated by him in 1911. In 2006, the parish was elevated to the status of cathedral, the primary see of the Diocese of Charleston, Oakland and the Mid-Atlantic.
St. George Cathedral P.O. Box 2044 Charleston, WV 25327 Phone: 304-346-0106 Fax: 304-346-0146