Our holy fathers have renounced all other spiritual work and concentrated wholly on this one doing, that is, on guarding the heart, convinced that, through this practice, they would easily attain every other virtue, whereas without it not a single virtue can be firmly established.
St. Symeon the New Theologian
The community of St. George began celebrating the Divine Liturgy in 1892, incorporated under St. Raphael of Brooklyn in 1905, and its first altar was consecrated by him in 1911. In 2006, the parish was elevated to the status of cathedral, the primary see of the Diocese of Charleston, Oakland and the Mid-Atlantic.
St. George Cathedral P.O. Box 2044 Charleston, WV 25327 Phone: 304-346-0106 Fax: 304-346-0146